• Verdict – Missouri Resident Isaiah Rider To Remain Ward of the State of Illinois

Michelle Rider is in shock. Her son is upset and angry. They cannot believe that the system can get away with making 17 year old Isaiah Rider a permanent ward of the state of Illinois. The Missouri residents only visited the state in order to have a surgery there that was supposed to help Isaiah, who suffers from a rare neurological condition that leaves painful tumors on nerves. Instead of helping him, the actions initiated by Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago have resulted in custody of Isaiah being seized by Child Protective Services of Illinois. The final hearing for the Riders was on Wednesday, March 11, and the verdict was not at all what they had hoped to hear. Michelle writes: "Isaiah was just made a ward of the court in the state of IL. A Missouri residing resident is a ward of another state."

Read full story...

• Verdict – Missouri Resident Isaiah Rider To Remain Ward of the State of Illinois

Moms-for-Truth said: > Why is this happening to children with rare diseases? Experimentation? NF is not as rare as you think. I found that out when my wife passed away from it.

I hope you both get the care you deserve and get your son back home where he belongs. Why hasn't the state of Illinois gotten medical records from the doctors in Missouri who found the leision on his nerves? In my opinion, it would back up what you have been saying all along. You have shown yourself to be a caring parent but those people at DCFS don't know how to do anything but rob decent parents of their rights to raise their own children.

What Isaiah's mother needs to do is petition the District Attorney for her home state of Missouri to file a grievance/lawsuit against the state of Illinois. Isaiah is a resident of the state of Missouri and the state should be willing to fight for an injustice against one of their own. In a situation like this, where it is a matter between two states, it would become a federal case. Also, the fact that the judge in this case does not agree with the Department of Children's Services in Missouri that the home of the mother is a viable and stable home should be an insult to the state. The fact also that the 'ward' has not seen a doctor in relation to a brain lesion, which could be a tumor, is a sign that the DCS in Illinois is less fit to care for the child than the mother is.

It's sad that his only options seems to be to run away. Shame on you, Illinois! Isaiah, when you do get out of this mess (It will happen!) shout it to the skies! Let's all speak up to change this.

Sorry to hear this. Can they appeal this to a federal court?

YES. Exactly what it is

Horrible beyond words. Praying to God for all. Psalm 55:22-23 Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. But you, God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of decay; the bloodthirsty and deceitful will not live out half their days. But as for me, I trust in you.

This is a big racket and it's intention is to grow financially....Certainly not for the 'Best interested of Child'...which they often use to trap the family.

Isaiah, I am so glad that you have a good head on your shoulders. You have been put in a very dangerous position. If you cannot pray openly, then pray in your heart. Prayer is something that we can do when it seems that the world has gone crazy. Judges can be very strange. I found an interesting article once. If you are interested in a concept nicknamed 'Project Octopus' search: 30 characteristics of Secret Combinations. Basically, it describes greed and corruption. I hope this helps you when you are able to change the system. ~MotherofFive

Why is this happening to children with rare diseases? Experimentation?