• Medical Tyranny in Tennessee: Forced Antibiotics on Newborns

The Times Free Press in Chattanooga Tennessee reported last week that the Erlanger Health System was going to start forcing all newborn babies in their health facilities to receive an antibiotic ointment applied to their eyes at birth, whether their parents want it or not. Even if nurses and midwives attending the birth do not approve of the antibiotic ointment, the hospital allegedly stated that they will apply it anyway, using security guards at the patient's bedside if need be.

Read full story...

Parents should have a choice and be able to sign a waiver if they don't want to have medical procedures done on their newborns. Forced procedures are unethical so don't go to that hospital!

a side effect of that drug is it can cause blindness so If they force it .. they should be able to be sued by the parents that is absolutely a crock to be forced more overuse of unnecessary antibiotics

I wonder if the erlanger health scare system has a new contract with Big Pharma for antibiotics. One thing I would do is not go there for prenatal treatment or delivery. Those laws need to be changed so this medical tyranny cannot be enacted upon families. Not my body. Not my baby. Hands OFF!

I had 4 kids everyone they tried to shove a c section on me