• CPS Defies Doctors and Police to Take Young Children Away from Mother

It was a sequence of events that could happen to any new mother, but Brenda Maney of Richmond, Kentucky, could never have anticipated that it would result in her losing her children, perhaps forever. But that is what is happening. In less than a month, on May 7, Brenda faces a hearing to permanently terminate her parental rights. Brenda's baby girl was born two weeks early via c-section. She went to the NICU and was in a coma for eight days. She was diagnosed with sleep apnea and severe GERD, and required an apnea monitor when she was finally released to go home. Between an infection in her surgical scar, and a monitor that sometimes went off every half hour or hour, Brenda wasn't getting much sleep. She was also caring for her 11 year old special needs son. She didn't have much help either, because her mother had passed away not long before the birth, and she was a single mom. When her baby was 6 weeks old, she learned that she was going to have to move soon because the building she lived in was being sold. By this point, she was still under doctors orders not to lift anything over 10 lbs. Then the transmission on her car went out. It was a bit overwhelming, and Brenda called a friend, crying about the series of unfortunate events. Her friend offered to try to help her. Her friend was a bit naive, and called CPS to help the new mama, believing that their role was to help parents in time of need. That is when the problems really started. Although local police objected, CPS took away her children. Even after doctors cleared Brenda of any psychological or medical problems, CPS refused to give her children back.

Read full story...

Meg said: > Brenda, my heart breaks beyond words for you and your beautiful children. This is sadly such a common story for countless families accross the country, including my own, it has to stop. We all must to come together and make a difference for our children, God willing we can and will change this corrupt system. Praying for the return of children, God Bless you and your beautiful family. > Meg I was given my son back but not my daughter

Micky said: > You will not be allowed in the courtroom So what happened at the May 7th hearing? Is this battle still ongoing?

Brenda, my heart breaks beyond words for you and your beautiful children. This is sadly such a common story for countless families accross the country, including my own, it has to stop. We all must to come together and make a difference for our children, God willing we can and will change this corrupt system. Praying for the return of children, God Bless you and your beautiful family. Meg

Boyd county Kentucky .the cps there are just as bad. They take kids for no reason and find crazy things to pin on the parents. I Know of a lady that got her children taken and one judge told the cps that their case was crap that the kids should be.given back to.the parents but instead they waited till the other judge come back off vacation to see that case. Then once the judge was moved to circuit court they took the parents rights. No matter what the lady done she was told by the social worker she.would never.get her kids back. And that was almost five years ago. And I do agree their are people that don't take care of their children and get to.keep them. And the ones that try everything that they.can their.children get taken away

You will not be allowed in the courtroom

Its really sad that a former foster child could expect this to happen to her own family. How can we say were protecting kids by placing them into homes where when they either age out or are thrown away as in my case they end up losing their own kids to the very system they were in that was supposed to love/nuture/provide them with the skills to grow up happy and healthy. Shame on you CPS/Judges and everyone else involved. This is proof the system doesn't work not care abut the final outcome of the kids they serve. https://www.facebook.com/wheretherootsdontgrow

It is much more difficult than it appears. MUCH MUCH more difficult. It would be great if a bunch of us could show up May 7... Do you think that is possible? I might be able to bring an investigative reporter with me...?

I'm going through the same problems in Tell City IN. I'm from Michigan. And onky lived in IN for5 months

Thank you Lisa for your support!

Ky CPS has done the same thing to my family and me ,and no one will listen , Im dealing with them here in Lexington Ky ,and need any kind of help I can get , If anyone is having problem here in Lexington I would love to hear from you ! Thanks

Thank all of you for your support and sharing your stories and all kind words! ♡its appreciated very much

YES it's all about MONEY, Case workers , Supervisiors all with dollar signs in their eyes, Each state has there way of getting funding thru state and fed monies, This is how they pay off the judges to get what CPS wants, They DO NOT CARE IF THEY ARE CAUGHT

What a disgrace ! Sad sad sad . My friend as well lost her daughter but did get her back after two yrs were in MN. CPS does get a bonus to pull kid's out of the home. Pathetic

Grassroots Grassroots and more Grasaroots

I already took a vacation day

In Kentucky, the courts themselves receive a portion of foster care funding which goes to the employee budget of juvenile services. Thus, if KY doesn't have enough kids in foster care, then the courts can't afford to pay juvenile services employees. Juvenile services by the way, is a part of the agency which is suppose to prevent abuses of CPS. See the conflict? It's all about money. Modern day CPS is nothing but human trafficking under color of law to obtain federal funds.

My baby was taken at birth because of my evil psychiatrist brother that wanted to steal her from me. He claimed I was mentally ill. She was taken for 6 months and put in a foster home and sexually abused by a nine year old boy in that home. I got her back and only because another agency intervened when they saw my daughter had a failure to thrive in the foster home. My daughter is 10 now and with me and I am the best mother . My daughter is a happy child. I never abused or neglected her like they said I would and THEY abused her in foster care. My brothers name is Dr. Richard Repass who did this to me and he is still a practicing psychiatrist in Seattle Washington. The citizens commission on Human Rights tried to help and filed reports against my brother but they only kept them as complaints and never took his license away for what he did to us. In Nazi times it was the psychiatrists that recommended people be separated from their families too.

What many do NOT know about CPS, C/Y what ever is, They are civil service workers with little to NO traning in investigating, evulations of mental state ETC, They have NO police powers, BUT local, state, police will follow there orders till there dying breath. B Clinton signed into law CPS'S ability to kidnape our children and get paid for it. With bonusus, for taking the child out of the home, servives, foster parents, adopting them out smiling all the way to the bank making there evil deposit and go out and look for another, anyone can pick up the 1 800 I hate you line and say BLA-BLA-BLA and CPS comes out swiming up the sewers, jumping off the roofs screaming there is a mountain when there is not even a mole hill, There CPS violations of our civil right has to stop, but it will not unil family court is brought under control and justice is brought back.

Thanks for fixing that. I went on the Kentucky website and sent an email already.

Hi Lisa, the link to contact KY Governor Steve Beshear has been corrected.