• Maryland Couple Sues CPS Over Unlawful Seizure of Their Children

The Meitiv Family in Montgomery County Maryland is reportedly beginning litigation against Maryland CPS and possibly Montgomery County Police as well, for the unlawful seizure of their children this past weekend. As we have seen in so many other cases we have covered here at Health Impact News, there were no criminal charges filed against the parents of Meitiv children, and the alleged "victims" of parental abuse or neglect were incarcerated by force, in a total violation of their civil rights. The children were walking home from the park when police and CPS detained them for hours, not even allowing them to call their parents. Danielle Meitiv, the mother, has posted an article on her Facebook Page showing that the neighborhood they live in has recently been voted one of "The 10 Most Caring Suburbs In America," and yet she now fears to allow her children to walk alone in their neighborhood due to the threat of kidnapping by local police and CPS. Such is the sad state of affairs in the United States of America today, where parents fear having their children kidnapped by government authorities more than they fear other criminals who could harm their children.

Read full story...

I am glad you are filing suit against CPS they have a time and place however this was completely uncalled for and your children should not have been treated that way at all. What is wrong with children playing at a park by there house? It truly is a shame that the police acted irresponsiblity with your children. I have a bad taste for CPS because I was in a custody battle and my ex husband accused me of all kinds of awful things to my daughter and she was scritinized and tramatized because of it and the case was tried for 2 days in children dependence court and was dismissed and it was ALL dumbed up charges with the help of my exhusband and his attorney. So I hope and pray that you win this battle against CPS.

elnunal, I KNOW BETTER, My family has been fighting Luzeren county PA for over 5 years, They are an out of control agency that belief they are above the law. They have manufactured evedence, signed documents with my daughtes name, assulted my daughter had one of the kidnapped children under CPS coustody raped and thru it under the carpet, flat out leid in court, don't try to say how good CPS is, I don't want to be me at the end of time ansewering for me in front of God, Let alone what these people do in CPS to the families and the children they kiidnap!!!!!

Crazy idea here. How about the police who patrol the neighborhood spend some time out of their vehicles and walk the beat? They can then get to know the people. More specifically, the families, parents and children. This way, they don't swoop in like a bunch of strangers (more like predators) not knowing anything about anyone.

dbcafge Ridiculous comment. As a former CPS worker we were required to have malpractice insurance because workers can be sued. This family did nothing wrong. The children are well cared for, independent, self sufficient and more mature for their ages than other children their ages. How refreshing they are compared to some of the whiny, clingy, self absorbent self centered only person in the universe most children are today who won't go to the corner store unless they are driven. I look at junior high kids in my neighborhood where they are driven to the bus stop by their parents, school bus picks them up and at the end of the school day the bus drops them at the bus stop where Mom is waiting in the car for them. Good grief. Children today, not all, are not only not as healthy physically as their parents or grandparents, they are not as resourceful. Parents overindulge, over compensate by filling in the time gap with "stuff" rather than one on one interaction. Some parents are so enamored with their children they become the focus of their lives (websites or daily tweets about the child's activity) and this prevents the child from becoming independent. Young children don't take risks like children back in the day like we did. Risk taking is healthy and from other articles I've read about these children, they seem like they had more sense than the adults that "kidnapped them". All parents don't raise their children the same. That's what makes the world an interesting place to live in. It's time for major push back in all areas that have been usurped by the nanny states. Passivity and not wanting to rock the boat is no longer an option. The states will take your children, forceably medicate them, vaccinate them, kick them out of public schools that YOUR taxes pay for which entitles them to an education because they are not vaccinated-despite legal exemption existing for medical, religious

Child abuse is a crime, That is why CPS goes into civil court, if they went into Criminal court, you would have to been charge and given a real defence attorney, NOT one of CPS's lawyer that will rep CPS and NOT you, You two will be fighting an up hill battle as CPS thru the years of kidnapping children have erected laws around them selves to protect them from going to jail. and if you or I did what CPS did we would be in jail yesterday. CPS is a civil service org, If you try to sue CPS as a hole, you will be shot down in flames, Look into sueing them as an indivigual by name, get it out of so called family court, you will not recive justice there, Fed court might be better if you have the money.