• Special Needs Sisters Kidnapped From Homeschooling Christian Family

Throughout history, people have taken a stand for their faith which oftentimes resulted in unfavorable consequences for the individuals. For disabled veteran David Owen and his wife Teresa, their refusal to stop practicing their Christian faith was ultimately used as a rationale in Kansas Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) seizing custody of their two special needs daughters, Angel and Catrina. According to Teresa Owen: ''Our daughters were wrongfully removed from our home because we refused to stop attending church and teaching our daughters about Christ. Angel and Catrina are being wrongfully kept out of our home, abused, and medically neglected. We are still fighting for our daughters and trying to help other families.'' Their children were taken at the beginning of 2011. To this day, they are not home, and Teresa and David are fighting to regain custody of their daughters. They believe their daughters are being abused both physically and emotionally in State custody, and are pleading with people to get their story published.

Read full story...

Everyone, please sign this petition to reform KS child welfare laws! It essentially states that no child should be in KS state custody unless BOTH parents are incarcerated, deceased, missing or willing. No other circumstance is even conceivably in the best interests of the child! https://www.change.org/p/kansas-state-house-stop-the-state-of-kansas-from-unjustified-seizure-of-children

Thank you for your prayer. I will need lots of prayers when I go to Capitol Hill in June to speak on this issues of Medical Kidnap, Kids for cash, and Mitochondrial Disease. US Congress should protect American children more than children from other countries. The US Congress is failing children with special needs. Thank you again for your thought and prayer. Teresa A. Owen

Thank you for your comment. Many people rarely hear from the children harmed by the broken and corrupt system- DCF, CPS, Foster Care, and courts-juvenile and family. Parents and children have to start speaking out. This will be the only way we can stop this on going nightmare in the US. This is also happening in other countries. Since the Justina Pelletier story, I have connected with parents, advocates, and lobbyists from over 20 countries. Thank you for the prayers. Teresa A. Owen

I went there that nightmare when I was 10 tell I was 14 almost 15 so I hope u get ur girls back because there are cricket DCFS people out there were they would only take a child for the money and not for their well being so prayers sent out to you and your family from the Granger family....

This sounds like a nightmare from a movie script than real life. Dear Lord help this family to reunite in peace, honor, and faith with love than having these girls be tormented by the local government. Prayers are sent to you all.