• Stanley Family Gets Custody Back of 4 Youngest Children – 3 Older Children Still in State Custody

A review hearing in Garland County Juvenile Court in Arkansas yesterday resulted in the case being closed for the four younger Stanley children. Their parents now have full custody back of these four children. The three older Stanley children, however, remain in State custody. They are allowed to live at home with 20 hours a week DHS supervision in the home. Hal Stanley, the father, expressed his disappointment that the State was to maintain custody of their 3 older children. "I am really disappointed. I was expecting all the children to be returned to our custody. There's still no charges against us, there's still no reason for the children to be in their custody. We feel as parents we can make decisions (about our children) better than DHS can." Nancy Emmons, a citizen from Arkansas who has been following the Stanley case, stated: "The people of Arkansas, we really need to wake up and listen to what has happened to the Stanleys. Never in our wildest dreams would we have figured that somebody could come in the night and take your children away from you. I want Arkansas to understand – everyone of you need to listen: It could happen to you."

Read full story...

• Stanley Family Gets Custody Back of 4 Youngest Children – 3 Older Children Still in State Custody

i am so happy for your family. We are being constantly drug and alcohol testing. We also can not see Amanda without constant supervision in their office. They stand and watch us urinate in the bathroom. It is so tacky. I am a patient at a pain management clinic and they don't go to the bathroom with me for testing. My grandchild has been suffering physical and emotional abuse ever since going into foster care. Possibly sexual abuse too, she was immediately removed from what they considered their best foster home in the state. They were to be put under investigation. We never heard the result.

It has taken us 7 months to get her glasses that she ready needed. We had her in a special school for her needed therapies which they took her out of and she went 2 to 3 months with no therapy.

We can't find a attorney that will help. We have had a social worker who quit. She told me that we wouldn't get her back without a private attorney. The court appointed attorney has also quit. This shows that they know that we are being screwed with.

that's what they do...they return the children and find other reasons to take them away again. this is the reason foster care is such big business...the parents just can't win.

"Hal and Michelle Stanley, had to undergo extensive “training” and “counseling” by the State, and allow them to enter their home at will during that time. " And when the state comes in and finds something trivial and they lose them again?