• 5 Children Kidnapped from Family in Missouri When Baby with Low Vitamin D Found with Broken Bones

December 21st, 2014 Rebecca Wanosik was blessed with her 5th child. A beautiful baby girl was born in her home in Lebanon, Missouri. It was an uncomplicated home birth, and she was assisted by her midwife. But soon their family was completely torn apart when CPS came in and took all 5 of their children away, after the baby was found with fractured bones. Being now listed as "child abusers," Rebecca would later learn that she had Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, with low vitamin D levels for both her and her baby. The quiet house is hard to deal with, and Rebecca talks about the memories she holds onto. The quiet house is hard to deal with, and Rebecca talks about the memories she holds onto. From the screams of excitement when she picked her children up from school, to the snuggles and wet kisses, and all the joys and hardship of motherhood, she is now left with a broken heart. Now as their visits are supervised in an unnatural setting, she talks about medical kidnapping. “Many people think that medical kidnapping is made up and think it doesn’t happen, the truth is that it is very real.” Rebecca wants people to know this has been a life altering, traumatic experience. She wants people to know this is a long road that no parent should have to travel.

Read full story...

• 5 Children Kidnapped from Family in Missouri When Baby with Low Vitamin D Found with Broken Bones

Jessyca said:

I want to begin by saying how truly sorry I am that this has happened to your family...these are events in your and your children's lives that will never be taken back away and will continue to affect your family for the rest of your lives. In Missouri CPS is not there to protect children nor are they there to restore families back to their original state, the whole system is flawed with to many people working for the state that have not only no experience or training in the area of social work but also have bias and are well under educated!!!!! Again I am whole heartedly sorry for what your family is having to face...and I hope that in the end you are compensated for every dime you had to put into this case as well as your time and lost time with your family.. Keep your chin up and if there is anything that I or we could do to help you please do not hesitate to ask!!!!

Hello!! I know when your name is on the list you can't get a descent job but does that also mean you get your baby taken away at hospital when you deliver? My friend got her kid taken away 10yrs ago and got parental rights taken away and now she pregnant and scared the same will happen

Actually, if a child has a disability, the state can get more money for placing it in foster care than a healthy child. They can deny the disability, yet still have it documented, get medical payments, SSI, and federal funds of $6,000 . I bet they even declared it an emergency removal to get additional funds. Why would they give them back? Also, side note, the Shriner's in St. Louis has a Dr Whyte that it a researcher in Osteogenesis Imperfecta which is close to this disorder.

That is just horrible!!! Breaks my heart!

The main problem is that CPS has been converted from a "child protection" agency into a for-profit money making "scheme" and guess what is first on the minds of most the workers when they pursue a case? If we ended federal bribe money tomorrow we would see cases like this dropped before they got started as there would not be the promise of literally millions of dollars to keep the state coffers filled and every social service agency and provider in the state employed.

Medical treatment costs money. The system works to bring money in, not spend it. It's easier to cover up or say that the condition does not exist than to actually act "in the best interest of the child", which of course would be at home with the parents who know their child and know the child's condition and medical issues.

Did I miss it? The infant has a serious condition. The caretaking entity (the State) denies the infant has this condition. Correct me if I am wrong, here---What this means is that although several doctors have agreed this baby needs medical care, the State is refusing to provide it? Right?

It boggles my mind that doctors could say that vitamin D status and brittle bones are completely unrelated, and still have jobs.

Renee Johnson can you show this to ryan? This family needs to seek the help of the spring g field regional center for developmental disabilities and mo protection and advocacy to stand up for their disabled child.

Not only will they get nothing back, their family is forever changed never to feel secure again.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. This is horrible what they do to kids. I do hope that CPS gets sued and the amount is enough to bankrupt them so they can't take anymore kids from good families.

They purposely leave kids with abusive families because the children are already damaged. They sell children often into child sex slavery or snuff films. There is big money in adoption of children from foster"care" as well. What happens to the children is unimaginable. I lost three granddaughters to CPS, the 2 youngest were adopted the oldest was given to her dad (not a good environment). My daughter will never be the same and she was a good mother, didn't do anything to abuse the girls at all.

I'm so so very sorry for your loss. I have a dear friend whose children were taken away and given to the abuser. I fear that phone call from her. Thinking of you

I saw a case like this on the Diagnose Me show. In this case, the diagnosis of the baby was made when the doctor thought to ask the Mom about certain quirks she may possess. It was a positive on both cases and the CPS dropped that case.

I just saw a case like this on a medical show. CPS will leave a child with drug addict parents but take one away from a family like this?? Then make them pay for things like travel to testify? CPS does this because they know most people are living pay check to paycheck. They hope to wear them down money wise. This is shameful!!

I had a serious case and cps did nothing... 4 times I tried to get help. My daughter died as a result. I hope they get what's coming to them after you get your children back.

I am so angered to see this. It seems these things happen all to often. I am not saying any state is better than the other or even countries given CPS is nationwide and in some cases international. I learned way to young that you have to join them in order to ever fight them. I am so sorry this has happened to you and your family. When you get your children back and I know you will, make sure that you keep your hands on ANYTHING with your children's name on it good or bad. When they get involved it takes a long time to prove yourself and l have done the run around game myself as I was still holding down my volunteer position as a CASA worker. I got my son back and 5 years later my brother lost his son soon after he was born because his coughing was breaking his ribs from the inside out.

There is no genetic testing for EDS Hypermobility Type, so it's not provable in that way. The Beighton and Brighton tests should be carried out - which are physical examinations, and looking at their medication history.

My husband, while in law school, wrote an article about the correlation between brittle bones and vitamin D deficiency and how it relates to circumstances just like this. It's entitled "Unexplained Fractures in Infants and Child Abuse: The Case for Requiring Bone-Density Testing Before Convicting Caretakers". It was published in the law review, which was a great honor for us, but more importantly it brought some attention to this issue. You can read the article here. Hopefully it will bring more credibility to your case. I'm so very sorry. http://digitalcommons.law.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2634

Also, in my ONLY and first EVER allegation, (in 13 years of parenting) from a high ranking neighbor with a grudge, CPS said ALL charges..Unfounded...but that didn't matter to FAP, CID or JAG, they went right ahead with destroying my Family, Career and Future by falsely labeling me a 'child abuser'. Can't get a decent paying job now, ESPN I ALL in the field I have specialized in for 7 years....so I guess all of these greedy agency workers can now have their tax dollars paid directly to my children and i through Welfare and state assistance. Yeah. Wow. Great job. If 1 agency doesn't get you, the other will. I sincerely hope the the Father's Career, Future and ability to provide for his Family isn't destroyed in this insane fiasco.

I want to begin by saying how truly sorry I am that this has happened to your family...these are events in your and your children's lives that will never be taken back away and will continue to affect your family for the rest of your lives. While CPS is doing such terrible things in your family less than three years ago in the county I live in a family had been reported to CPS all the while leaving the child in the home, well the father ended up choking the child to death and then proceeded to put his house to fire to hide his crime..So CPS in Missouri is not there to protect children nor are they there to restore families back to their original state, the whole system is flawed with to many people working for the state that have not only no experience or training in the area of social work but also have bias and are well under educated!!!!! Again I am whole heartedly sorry for what your family is having to face...and I hope that in the end you are compensated for ever dime you had to put into this case as well as your time and lost time with your family.. Keep your chin up and if there is anything that I or we could do to help you please do not hesitate to ask!!!!