• Police in Michigan Seize 6 Children Because Family Was Camping in Tents

A Michigan family which had dreams of camping during the summer in the great outdoors was horrified when state officials seized their six children simply because they were temporarily living in tents, according to Off The Grid News. “The government has tried to standardize what a home is and what a home must have, without consideration for if the children’s needs are being met or not,” Christopher and Antonia said in a joint statement. “This was not a case of neglect, but a case of the government telling us how we have to raise our children — that we must have running water, we must have electricity and we can’t stay in a tent for the summer. To the government it makes no difference if the children are happy and healthy. We need to conform to their idea of normal or they can take your children away."

Read full story...

The ABUSE and STRESS was caused by CPS. Therefore THEY should be charged ( sued ) for child abuse. Let's see, too much ice in iced coffee is a $5 million dollar lawsuit, this should be worth that much for EACH child

Kay-Aitch said:

John said:

So they should be playing video games and turned into the electronic generation.... BS... So they will be coming after me next for buying my 10 year old son a rifle and going camping in the back county... so tired of dictators saying what is right and wrong in there opinion. My child has more knowledge of life and the outdoors than most the people that make these stupid laws.
    That's why it's becoming illegal. The Corporatists are ensuring that there are no survivors of their purge, other than themselves. This is the reason for refusal to label GMO foods, deliberate poisoning of our water and air supply, continued dependence on fossil fuel production, and a dozen other iniquities the 1% has perpetrated over the last 60 years.

US House Bill 777 mandates that no person be able to use one's own property to grow food, without a license.
    In severat States it is illegal to collect rainwater.
    It's going to get worse before it gets better, so be glad you already have the skills to live off the grid.

Do provide references on 777 please.. Since I find no text that supports your claims..

Admin said:

A Michigan family which had dreams of camping during the summer in the great outdoors was horrified when state officials seized their six children simply because they were temporarily living in tents, according to Off The Grid News. “The government has tried to standardize what a home is and what a home must have, without consideration for if the children’s needs are being met or not,” Christopher and Antonia said in a joint statement. “This was not a case of neglect, but a case of the government telling us how we have to raise our children — that we must have running water, we must have electricity and we can’t stay in a tent for the summer. To the government it makes no difference if the children are happy and healthy. We need to conform to their idea of normal or they can take your children away."

I'm wondering why the Amish get to live this way? Yet the government even took the Indians way of life away from them. I think it's just a piece of BS. If you don't have a fancy camper or a fancy RV then you can't camp. That's just ridiculous. I've always wanted to live off the grid, with my family. But it's just us now, we should be able to live like this and plan to. Oh yeah we can my husband is 1/2 Blooded Ottawa and Chippewa Indian. So bite me the State of Michigan 👎🙆🙋

Bob said:

HELLO IT'S CAMPING! I wonder what crimes were committed in there jurisdiction at the same time they were doing wrong to these people? how many children were beaten , or abused in other ways that went unnoticed by cps because they were busy kidnaping from innocent. Did these cops ever go camping as a kid probably not. I started going camping with my dad when I was old enough to hold a fishing pole and would now take my grandchildren camping at the drop of a hat. There is nothing wrong with it at least I know they would survive if one should get lost or some disaster hit. Teaching your children to live off the land is skills needed, give a child a fish he will eat for a day teach a child to fish he will eat for a lifetime. Should a disaster hit and you had to live off the land, who would you choose for survival, the child with a fishing pole in one hand and a canteen in the other or the kid with the cellphone in one hand and a juice box in the other?

Hell yeah, we learned this in Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and when I was older with kids of my own, I taught them this while I was a Cub Scout Leader and Brownie Leader.

Jem-Moran said:

so they would have lost the kids to foster care if they had not been indian?? thats not right. shouldnt matter what or where ya come from. should still be able to truly enjoy the out of doors.

That's true Jem-Moran, everyone should be able to enjoy the outdoors, but the Amish live that way everyday, it's their way of life. Just like the Indians, it was their way of life too, but the government took that away from them. They should have taken it away from the Amish too, but they didn't. But yet the Indians were here first and they made them change their way of life. It's kind of funny how things change and the roles are reversed, people called the Indians savages for defending their land and now the American people are trying to defend their land from outsiders, just saying Karma.

J--Breeze said:

K-Rossett said: > The state of mi has every reason in their minds to seize children. It's called money. Every time a social worker in this state completes an adoption. Via the foster care system the social worker gets paid a bonus. $4000. What bs. Also a little known fact and a well kept secret. They receive a bonus for adoption. But no bonus for keeping families together. It takes a special kind of person to pretend to help you and your family reunification for the purpose of gathering evidence to get those children adopted out. Never happened to me but it has happened to people I know.
    https://www.facebook.com/standingforourkids/

Please join me on facebook. Long story, not going into it on here. But I too am a victim of CPS and the Michigan Government. Please join the fight, the more people aware and upset, the better the chance we can change this..

Brian-Scott-Miller said:

Michigan has always been a problem dealing with children in the wrong way. In August of 1983 my firstborn two month old daughter Stacy was kidnapped from my now ex-wife in Grand Rapids. Fifteen hours later she was found and return just so the state could kidnap her to investigate if we neglected our child in any way that may have given cause for the kidnapping. We had an apartment, food, clothes, and love to give her. After three long dreadful years of fighting it tore apart our marriage and I ended up with custody, only to have her permanently taken from me because I was too poor to afford a place to live with her by that time. They wouldn't even help with that. It was devastating. My head got so messed up going through all that that I about lost all my sanity for years after that. Ended up committing a crime and going to prison for years. Needed prison to get my head straightened out. Found my full grown kids last year. They were all adopted out.

This is the same state government that poisoned the people of Flint with lead contaminated water and then tried to cover it up for a year!

John said:

So they should be playing video games and turned into the electronic generation.... BS... So they will be coming after me next for buying my 10 year old son a rifle and going camping in the back county... so tired of dictators saying what is right and wrong in there opinion. My child has more knowledge of life and the outdoors than most the people that make these stupid laws.

That's why it's becoming illegal. The Corporatists are ensuring that there are no survivors of their purge, other than themselves. This is the reason for refusal to label GMO foods, deliberate poisoning of our water and air supply, continued dependence on fossil fuel production, and a dozen other iniquities the 1% has perpetrated over the last 60 years.

US House Bill 777 mandates that no person be able to use one's own property to grow food, without a license.
    In severat States it is illegal to collect rainwater.
    It's going to get worse before it gets better, so be glad you already have the skills to live off the grid.

Patti said:

I'm going camping for a week in August. Should I be afraid?

Probably.

Timothy-Dickinson said:

Are they going to give you electricity and water if you have to have it by law

Of course not. Don't you know that poverty is a crime in this country?
    It's illegal to feed the homeless in some Cities.
    But God's mad at us because of the gays......................
    Sounds legit.
    /sarcasm/

MomOfIV said:

The govt doesn't want children who are healthy, critical thinkers or are self sufficient....maybe that's why it pushes vaccinations, anti-psychotic drugs, common core, free cell phones, self-mutilation, atheism; movies, tv shows, and cartoons with satanic themes, video games and welfare. The majority of these families under siege appear to be Christian...I've yet to hear about atheist families, Hindu families, or Islamic families under attack by CPS.....maybe when CPS gets desperate enough.

Mom, you had me agreeing completely, right up to the point where you said it was only Christian families being persecuted - Christians are being persecuted in Middle Eastern countries, African countries, and China, but not in the United States of America.

The vast majority of people who claim a religious affiliation in this country, claim Christianity - obviously, that is the reason there are more Christians than other religiously affliated folks, who are subjected to bizarre and inappropriate laws - there are more of you to begin with.

That said, OF COURSE families with other religious affiliations are runnig afoul of these same laws -- you are NOT being "singled out." as a Christian.

The notion is patently ridiculous.

J--Breeze said:

Mike-broiks said: > I've had a hell of a tale about Michigan and adoption in 04 I was preparing to deploy to Iraq when I found out my daughter and her siblings had been taken from there mother in court the mother admitted to doing coke drinking a gallon of whiskey a day and padlocking the kids in there room while she napped. 2mo later the state gave the kids back middle of my tour the kids got taken again after I got back I went to a court hearing for custody 18 hrs away and was supposed to have a visit with my daughter but the foster parents took her to ballet classes instead when it came time to figure if I was getting custody in July 06 they hinted that I wasn't eligible because I was still in the military and still deployable then 2 mo later she was adopted by the same foster parents that thought it was more important to do ballet classes than to spend time with her father
    Stanley v. Ill., 405 U.S. 645, 92 S. Ct. 1208 (1972) they are REQUIRED to give you a fitness hearing before depriving you of the fundamental liberty interest in the care, custody and management of your children. It is a violation of your due process rights if your children are taken from you without an evidentiary hearing on parental fitness.

Two of my 7 children were stolen and taken to Champion Michigan by Tamara l. Olson Taylor also known to use the last name Starkey. She ran and hid them until she could get an illegal adoption of them by using some papers she had forged claiming I signed my children over to her. There names are Dartanyan Wayne 13 and Harmony Olivia 11 Please if anyone knows or sees them let them know that there mother and siblings miss them and are being kept from contact with them by this evil kidnapper Tamara she is in her late 40's early 50's and was unable to have children so she stole mine.

this is for the military Dad..Did you not know there is a VFW National home in Michigan where they would keep your kids while being deployed?VFW National children's Home go on line & check it out . Our VFW auxillary &post suppoets it!

Mike-broiks said: > I've had a hell of a tale about Michigan and adoption in 04 I was preparing to deploy to Iraq when I found out my daughter and her siblings had been taken from there mother in court the mother admitted to doing coke drinking a gallon of whiskey a day and padlocking the kids in there room while she napped. 2mo later the state gave the kids back middle of my tour the kids got taken again after I got back I went to a court hearing for custody 18 hrs away and was supposed to have a visit with my daughter but the foster parents took her to ballet classes instead when it came time to figure if I was getting custody in July 06 they hinted that I wasn't eligible because I was still in the military and still deployable then 2 mo later she was adopted by the same foster parents that thought it was more important to do ballet classes than to spend time with her father