• California Mother Fights Corrupt System in LA to Get Daughter Back

Not being informed of court hearings. Falsified drug tests. Threats and accusations to intimidate and coerce. Social workers, her state representative and even the attorney assigned to her case ignoring emails, not returning calls. Her daughter ripped from a happy home and placed in a non-English speaking foster home without critical, life-saving medications. A system that seems to have already decided her family’s fate, without even the most cursory attempt at justice. Mayan Hewes describes these events and wonders what happened to her rights, and the rights of her six-year-old daughter Layla, in L.A. County, California.

Read full story...

I’m grateful I came across this thread. Another article detailing some of the CPS abuses is here. The nightmare of foster kid abuse continues and I don’t understand how and why the abuse from a government agency can be allowed to remain. Is there any sanity left in childcare agencies?

Mary-Bissell said:

For California media attention, people might try Gina Silva at FOX 11 in LA. She favorited my tweet of this article, so maybe with more people contacting her or her station she'll do a story. Her contact info: http://www.myfoxla.com/story/18577466/gina-silva FOX 11's news tips page (note- if you write something on it and then click to another tab, what you wrote will sometimes disappear): http://www.myfoxla.com/category/239420/news-tips

Whats the attorneys name

For those who want to tweet or post on facebook about this, the hashtag is #BringLaylaHome A good place to tweet for this and other California CPS issues is @CACSdotorg (California Common Sense). It covers issues like govt transparency and has over 6000 followers, including media and legislators.

Here's contact info for LA's NBC station. http://www.nbclosangeles.com/contact-us/ Some of the reporters' twitter handles: @KimNBCLA @AnnetteNBCLA @AdrianNBCLA @JoelNBCLA @RandyNBCLA @NBCLA is the station's handle. Email: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/send-feedback/ You can use the hashtag #TodayInLA

please contact me if you want to sue, have a great attorney to put you in touch with

For California media attention, people might try Gina Silva at FOX 11 in LA. She favorited my tweet of this article, so maybe with more people contacting her or her station she'll do a story. Her contact info: http://www.myfoxla.com/story/18577466/gina-silva FOX 11's news tips page (note- if you write something on it and then click to another tab, what you wrote will sometimes disappear): http://www.myfoxla.com/category/239420/news-tips

I am a now adult survivor of criminal CPS. YOU NEED A LAWYER ASAP!!!!!!!!! One that has a record of beating them! Document EVERYTHING!

I lost my child also. The lies,the corruption,there's so much and I never got to see my child for 2 years,NO CONTACT, why? O the foster mother said my child didn't want to see me but when I bumped into her twice she was so happy to see me,then no more contact for 8 years,why? She doesn't want to see you, what a bunch of lies..no letters,no phone calls nothing.Also child safety had a legal obligation to revisit my case which they never did.I could write a book on this.My child never adopted,they refused to give her back and I never stopped Trying for my child but you can't fight child safety because they lie,twist stories,work in with foster parents and this was in Australia. My daughter is 18 now and hates me,they fed my child with constant lies and hate directed to me.She was abused also in care, actually confiding in her boyfriends mother. My child calls those foster people mum and dad she was told to age 1 and called me by first name. My mum and dad never asked if they would take my child. I went to court under sedation from an endoscopy and its illegal to do or make decisions under sedation. Child safety said I aggred for the child safety to go into their care.....what the heck would I even contemplate giving my only child to them.The judge apparently just signed an order,I have no memory of that day because I was still under sedation. Years later I went to get court documents and their was no such thing me aggreeng to 18 years...that was a lie,I may as well adopt my child to aggree to such be They drugged my child with heavy medication and I had no say in fact I only found out years later Now I have a terminal illness and my child hates me and tells me hurry up and die that I'm a lonely sick person on her own with no one but her dog and I deserve to die a lonely and painful death. They are so cruel and that foster family all the lies.If they had let me and my child have what was our rights of visitation and the foster mother spoke only nice of me instead of cruel and lies,when my child turned 18 she would want to know what happened,but she believes the hateful lying side,she ripped up my diaries I gave her and diaries only have truth in them,all the truth was there and she ripped them all up. She has another family and wasn't adopted.....its terrible,I feel your pain so so deep,I'm so very sorry and I hope you find them,you will as technology advances...sending me love and prayers x

Mayan, we are all praying for the safe return of your Daughter. I have contacted 60 Minutes as well.

Mayan, I'm from San Bernardino County and support you 100%. I wrote the Governor and will write Don Knabe.I've tweeted to a bunch of California reporters: @gtherolf @ginasilvafox11 @skarlamangla @AdrienneMooreTV. I have a group on facebook called Californians for CPS reforms and am asking people to contact them, and will also post more people there to contact. You should join California T.E.A.R.S on facebook. It's run by Rosie Vincent, who commented above. She gives good advice.

Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1498629917076102/

I have been and I am still dealing with this. I'm from South Carolina and no matter what I did or do my kids are still placed into a very bad situation. My ex sister in law is 26 years old and has married her stepfather that has raised her all of her life, and the department of Social Services here in Dorchester County South Carolina removed my kids from me and put them with them and that was in 2011. I worry everyday my kids are getting molested because the man likes young girls started messing with his stepdaughter at a young age. But dss would not listen to me. Now I'm stuck trying to get them back but it's very hard because my ex sister in law and her husband can make every thing they say sound like the truth and now I only get one day and one hour a week with them

I'm a father, people need to be informed about this , It seems the only way is to ban together - class action lawsuits etc.... It's the only way to educate ignorant or otherwise families of the financial gains that there children provide ... To starve the Beast itself - I had know idea just how negligent the California court system was until laws had been blatantly swept under the carpet... We are in advances years now , victims need to ban together .. My 10 cents .

Almost the very same thing happened to me in colorado, my 3 children were kidnapped by CPS in Alamosa Colorado.My wife became ill, social services came by, bringing the police, they threatened me, falsely arrested me on a traffic ticket warrant out of denver, which surprise, they couldnt find the ticket, and while they were arresting me, they took my children and told me i would never get them back.They werent lying about not giving them back either.My children were abused and beat up in foster care, they lied, covered it up, and after 2 of the most horrific years of my life,we lost custody, and they adopted them out. I would love to post the details and just what happened, if you thought this story was bad, you should hear ours! CPS is a horrible criminal organization, and each person that works there, deserves a kangaroo trial, just like they gave us, then the maximum penalty applied for kidnapping, which is death by hanging.When this horrific system we are born under is finally collapsed here shortly, ill go back to colorado and find my children, then find the people that did this.My heart is broken, our lives are destroyed, and my health has been devastated. the last two years have been the most horrible time you could ever imagine, and I wouldnt wish this even on an enemy, if i had any.well, i do now actually, and its name is child protective service. may you all burn in hell, cause i will never forget these people, and look forward to justice one day. thank you for bringing this horrific problem to peoples attention, because they are waging war on our children, and you WILL be next, count on it, if you have children. we need to end this, and hold every one of these inhuman monsters that work for that terrorist organization accountable! freedom my ass, this country has become a damn nightmare! I am so disgusted i served in the military as a navy corpsman, i wish i could take it back, and when people thank me for my service, its all i can do to keep from throwing up all over that person.what a horrible horrible country i live in.

There was an article from the San Diego/DA investigating Pactox labs in Chatsworth, (dcfs uses pactox labs) falsifying tests.

Mayan, I just want you to know that I am dealing with practically the same exact thing with LA County DCFS. Falsified statements, drug tests (they produced a negative result to the court after already admitting that the foster parents/caretakers tested positive), refusing to acknowledge my sons mental health condition to the point where three separate mental health professionals stated very clearly that they can't help him until DCFS takes action, allowing a convicted child molestor to come to my daughters birthday party, blatantly violating a specific no-contact court order that DCFS itself asked for... All because of my estranged mother's baseless allegations. And, yes, I've gone so far as showing them a picture of my son holding a gun and a bullet hole in his bedroom door in the foster home along with the caption, "Just shot a hole through my door" on Instagram. No one cared. No one listens. They wait until children are already injured or worse before they take an interest. I know exactly what you're going through. You're not alone.

Shawm Mcmillan Esq. You need a good attorney to stop the crap and reunite you with your daughter. So sad but common place in the corrupt family courts and Human Service agencies. Change must happen.

Mayan maybe you need to contact me also for a possible lawsuit against them Rosie Vincent on facebook

How would you join that group? I'm assuming it's secret since I can't find it on Facebook search. Thanks

I don't know about the state of California, but Texas gets 6000.0 a month for every child they have in foster care. This would be the child's money, and way over the Limit to be collecting medicare on the child. So if nothing else we can go after all cps workers for medicade fraud.