• Mother Charged for Letting 7-year-old Daughter go to Park Across the Street Alone

Nicole Jensen and her three children live a few hundred feet from the park and Jensen said she lets her kids play together there because she can see them from her porch. She also said she requires them to check in with her every hour. But Wednesday, police said Jensen’s 7-year-old daughter, Brooklynn, was playing alone. They took her to the police station and charged Jensen with child endangerment.

Read full story...

• Mother Charged for Letting 7-year-old Daughter go to Park Across the Street Alone

As the person above said, why on earth didn't the police ask the child where she lived, she could have told them and simply been taken back to her house. Imagine how terrified and anxious this poor child must have been, taken away from where she is safe and comfortable, put into a strange police car, taken away by strangers. The authorities have such ridiculous powers, it is abnormal what happens in the US. Constant abuse of their powers, so lacking in intelligence, it's beyond stupid.

Did the police ask the child where she lived? This child could have been walked home instead of dragged off into a police car like she did something wrong. This would have been the neighborly thing to do, if a child's freedom of liberties was bothering this other lady. This child was probably terrified being removed from the safety of her public play area and not able to walk home like she was taught to do. Institutions like school staff on playgrounds and indoors cannot let a child out of their line of sight, yet it happens all the time. I do not see police lining up those children and bringing them in to call their parents! I grew up with a school across the street from my home which was my cement playground and many out of sight areas on that school property. My family lived in an impoverish area with socioeconomic disparities and I was there almost daily on my own from age 5 through 10. Not one problem, as I learned to avoid strangers by my parents teaching me safety skills, techniques and stranger danger awareness. Children should not have to live in fear! It appears that some grown ups are imposing their personal fear; is it realistic to take freedom away from the innocent child? CPS should be ashamed of themselves if they make a case out of this one!