• Medical Kidnapping in Chicago: DCFS Does Not Want You to Know What They are Doing to 3 Year Old Malik

Malik Mitchell turns 3 years old today, but he will not be celebrating his birthday at home with his family. Instead, he is still stuck in the Illinois Child Protective System, where he has been for more than a year and a half, away from his family. DCFS seized custody of Malik on December 6, 2013, after his grandmother, who had legal custody, asked for a second opinion about his medical care. Lurie Children's Hospital in Chicago had already performed numerous surgeries on his tiny body, and Lakisha Tanna wanted to know if there were other options for her grandson. The final court date to permanently remove custody is Tuesday, July 7, at 1:30 pm at the Juvenile Detention Center, 1100 S. Hamilton, Chicago. The State does not want the public to know about this, as they have issued a gag order on the family, and have told Health Impact News to take down our stories about Malik. We will not comply. Instead, we are encouraging the public to take action!

Read full story...

• Medical Kidnapping in Chicago: DCFS Does Not Want You to Know What They are Doing to 3 Year Old Malik

I pray for you Malik. Sad. SMDH and to the person saying you lost a child RIP so sad premise on CPS and how they are now yes dragging their crooked liable feet on the suit.. That happens. But the main thing is? Like myself you're suing child protection worker,for the violation of your fundamental constitutional rights et.al, and other cause of action, claims so i commend you for that as your child is now in heaven, RIP. Also depend on a great lawyer and the they do exist. But hard to find 1 who can get a quick trial date(usually after deposition is taken of all workers who you feel is liable)DON'T give up. make lawyer stay on top of the suit. Many settle in 1 short year six months(with a notice of tort)or at least 2 years maximum, all depends. So good luck. I AM SUING DCFS myself. and my son daughter. Only way they got out of my nice life was when i serve them notice of intent/notice of tort,and lawsuit etc.but since i am suing for now pro per,self file i had to make sure it was 100% done right,and now, i am still looking for lawyer,and god bless you all. If i don't find one i don't care. As long as i am suing self file pro se , i learn that i am holding CPS accountable,and that is the best feeling, after so much pain i went through as the kids. #SUEDCFS #SUECPS by deadline

God Be With Malik and all the Children Taken From Their Parents. THIS IS SOOOO WRONG.....

I am fighting the same issues, my Mother-in law and sister in-law, walked into the Mercy Hospitat and took my baby Harriette W. Lewis Bey on a hear-say.The DCFS investigators botch up the evidence. And didn't tell my wife and I the time of the first court-date(9-11-2015) but all these infractions I catch them with they take like its ok for me to join in to my own slaughter

They took him from that "white foster family" because they TOO sought a second opinion. Don't go judging people before you know the whole story.

Not enough people are talking every city is out of control every kid is getting taken if you don't want your kids I understand.. but are kids are getting raped, killed and beat get yo kids back stand up for what's yours and stop letting these people come in your house and take your kid is not about white is not about black, green or purple we need to stand as one I am in Lansing Michigan I am down for the cause #itstimetostandupforwhatyour

Really?????/ OH, Praise be Jesus! Praise be Jesus!!!!

We have heard that Malik is coming home! Stay tuned for details.

Court should be over by now, just wondering if Malik was returned back home to his family!!

I know Malik's grandmother personally. I have known her for over thirteen years. Throughout these years, I've watched her raise her own children, and then, once the need arose, she stepped right in and became the primary caregiver for Malik. She loves them all so much, and she wants nothing but the best for Malik. I've seen the tears she's cried, and I've seen her fighting to be an advocate for Malik. What type of world do we live in when a child can be taken away from a parent who is trying to make sure that her child is receiving the best medical care? What Kisha and Malik and their family are going through is scary and unbelievable. HOWEVER, our faith is in GOD. He holds the hearts of kings in His hands, and He can turn them in the way He chooses. My prayer throughout this ordeal has been and continues to be that the truth be made known, that every lie be exposed, that every misrepresentation be exposed for what it is. I pray God moves in this family's life like never before. As I sit here and type this, I know that Kisha is in court. The Lord knows I wish that I could be there right beside her. Nevertheless, my heart, my prayers, and my fervent cries to the Lord are going up on Malik and Kisha's behalf. God, please do what only you can do. Nice in the courtroom. Return Malik to his home, to his family who love him, to his grandmother whose arms and heart ache for him. It is in Jesus's name that I pray. Amen.

This happens to all race families, not just black families.

Yes, the family is in contact with them.

I live in California, and when my baby was born, I refused vaccinations for him and the Vitamin K shot, and the hospital called CPS on me. I told everyone it was against my religious beliefs, and for meeting after meeting they questioned me about it. So I DO fear taking him for ANY kind of medical care because too many calls will get a kiddo taken, founded or not...

#teamMalik praying for you baby boy...To the family stay strong and let them know you want the very best for this handsome little man.....Praying for your strength...

Is Malik's family aware of The Family Defense Center that helps families in Chicago who are fighting CPS for their children? http://www.familydefensecenter.net/

The whole community should converge on this lousy 'so called' hospital

This brings tears to my eyes Im praying that everything works out in the favor of Malik and his family God Bless

Please don't hate on white folks... it is government overreach of their authority, not a race issue.. I have white friends that have had their kids taken too. God bless these children and parents and keep and comfort them but most of all, return them to their families.

This is terrible and sad! To the grandmother of this baby, they put a gag order on you but didn't put one of your family and friends if I were you I would have my family and friends continue to spread the word, let them continue to circulate this on social media. They can't put a gag order on everyone!!

I watched them FIRST HAND take this child away from his family! I didn't see his mother much but his grandmother was there faithfully training and trying to learn how to properly care for her grandson as well as spend time with him. She clearly loved him and it was very obvious he loved her and they had a special bond. They took him and sent him off to a white foster family who were obviously doing it for the money because Malik returned back to Lurie a few months later due to improper care from this family. When the foster family was training the biological grandmother would come to the facility on specified days to spend time with him. I remember his grandmother would braid his hair every visit (that was her thing and it was adorable) one day the foster family took this child off the floor to spend time with him, during this time they took him to a barber and cut his braids off (to a short fade). I thought this was so inappropriate, as a Foster family this is not your right! Nor did they inform the grandmother of this, rightfully so she was pissed. I can go on and on but all I will say is they took this child from a grandmother who loves him, didn't give her a chance and its very sad to have witnessed. Malik and his family I lift up in prayers, I pray he returns back to his grandmother

Wow I'm at lost for words...Lord I lift this family up to You in Your Son Jesus name....I ask that You fogive us for any sins that we have committed...Lord I pray again any corruptness in hospitals...and I command those demonic spirits leave that place right now in the name of Jesus and go to the pits of hell from where they came....Lord I pray a hedge of protection over Malik and his family I plead the blood of Jesus over them right now...Lord I pray that this case will be in the hands of a God-fearing judge and I pray that the Holy Spirit will have its way on July 7 2015 in Jesus precious name....Lord I plead the blood of Jesus over every area in that court room...I speak a miracle...I speak fairness... I speak the move of God right now in the name of Jesus...Order their steps Lord...You said in the bible WHATEVER WE BIND ON EARTH IS BOUND IN HEAVEN...WHATEVER WE LOOSE ON EARTH ITS LOOSE IN HEAVEN...so we BIND unrighteousness and LOOSE righteousness... We BIND corruptness and LOOSE fairness in the name of Jesus...I command the warrioring angels to take back what the devil stole right now in the name of Jesus...I command the warrioring angels to war on the behalf of Malik and his family...and demolish all demonic forces that's trying to attack this family... Lord...You said ask and it shall be given so Lord I ask that You show up and show out for this Family...I pray against any retaliation spirits and send it to the pits of hell...I cover and seal this prayer with the blood of Jesus Amen!