• Mother Files Federal Lawsuit Against State of Kansas for Kidnapping Her Son

Attorneys Sarah Swain and Matthew Pappas have filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the State of Kansas and its Department for Children and Families on behalf of cannabis oil activist and Crohn’s disease patient Shona Banda, whose 11-year-old son was taken by authorities in April of this year after he spoke out about his mother’s successful medical marijuana treatment during a public school anti-drug presentation.

Read full story...

WOW! What was your case workers name? Right now I'm in the process of filing criminal, civil

Hildy, I posted on your story. I am extremely curious as to their reasoning for making you leave your home when your girls are not even there?

AWESOME! I'm so glad to hear someone is NOT scared of just hearing their name

That is so awful and I'm so sorry. You're right I have tapped calls from a CPS Supervisor Amanda that I am guilty until proven innocent. I was told before my adjudication hearing I was guilty by the worker at the time Whitney. I feel like you go through the process but they are simply going to do whatever they want because they have gotten away with it for so long.You have no right's in this system and if they fail to do their job they will simply drop the charges and refile the same day like they did with me. I truly can't image what you have gone through or what your granddaughter has had to go through. My prayers are with you and your family.

My story is up on medicalkidnap my two daughter's that were homeschooled due to heath issue's were taken away due to lies from a endocrinologist and a CPS investigator who not only lied but broke federal law's that the Sheriff's department along with the prosecutor's office covered up. There are other people who also want to do something to stop CPS. I think we should all get together and make CPS accountable and have federal law's that make what they are getting away with a crime along with holding abusive foster parent's that look at children as a paycheck accountable as well and CPS needs to get involved in their lives. If they can take a child from a loving home and parent and put them through hell why can foster parent's do whatever they want according to CPS? That absolutely makes no sense when they are the abusive one's!

I am so sorry. That is not right.

That is insane @ best! I do hope U can get your child back!

The only thing that bullies, and criminals respect and that is assertion of your rights, and the use of force, if necessary. Good for you!

I feel the same I just got my card and they made me give my son up for adoption when I think that is crazy BC I'm a good mom

A CPS worker came to my house to interview my ex-daughter in law and 3 grandchildren. She began accusing me and the ex-daughter in law of saying and doing things that neither of us did. I told her to leave my yard and driveway. She refused. I picked up my cell phone and told her I would call the police to remove her if she didnt leave willingly. She stated that she was the police and she wasnt leaving. I called 911, told dispatch that a CPS worker was in my yard and refused to leave. Dispatch stated that they would send an officer to me. About 2 minutes later the CPS worker got in her car and drove away. About a minute later a police officer arrived, looked at the business card that the CPS worker left on my patio table and stated he had never heard of her. He laughed when I told him what I had done and he told me, 'stand your ground girl and if she returns, call me.' the officer gave me his cell phone number. I never saw the CPS worker again and I called and made a complaint to CPS about the workers deportment. She was fired a few days later...lol

This is so sad and so are these other story's about children being taken away. Maybe we should all file a federal class action lawsuit. It should be our right to treat ourselves in the most healthiest way we can.

Omg that is terrible. Prayerful that one day you see her again. That is just BS the reason they took her.

Christi Jackson Langford resistance does work, being a sheep does not. I had some close calls with CPS while raising my child, thankfully I think that they could tell that no good would come to them if they messed with me, and they left me alone.

Know your rights!! And never let them in your home without a warrant!!! CPS is not a legal entity!!!! They want in your house, make them work for it! I did just that, I allowed her to come over, but not inside... she insisted, I told her no n made her conduct the interview on the porch, recorded it because in my state only you need to know that your recording, once she realized we were recording, she concluded the interview, stating she didn't feel comfortable, hmm... why is that? She been sent me a certified letter about 2-3 weeks later demanding that I bring my 17 year old and my one year old granddaughter cue the CPS office we're no recording would be allowed whatsoever I threw away the certified letter and never heard from them again two years later. Did they really think I was going to bring my children into the lion's den I think not I stayed up night after night after night researching the laws in Arizona and CPS cases so by the time she came around I knew my rights she wasn't very happy about it. No you're right it will save you and your child a lot of heartache.

Folks... this is a FEDERAL FILING, it has NO CONNECTION with the city and county court system that was engaged in the Civil Rights violations... THAT'S WHY IT WAS FILED!

Kerick Walters you nailed the problem. Tyrants do not reform simply because we use their system to beg them to reform. The system is just an illusion to make useful idiots think that they have some sort of input. We do not....

In family court you cannot win since you never receive due process and juries are not used. In fact you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent and that is impossible because you are not allowed to defend yourself. Ask me, I know very well, they snatched my granddaughter from me because I offered her a cookies ONE DAY to quickly finish her lunch. The state said I was bribing a child and they would not permit that. She is now gone eleven years and adopted.

Citizens, do not reelect any jerk that will not help close DCF. The people with DCF are going to hell but, being idiots, they do not care.

While I am highly empathetic to their cause , filing an action with a court system which sanctioned the kidnapping in the first place may not see the outcome in her favor. This system needs to be utterly abolished and the criminals that run it need to be punished. until this happens we shall not have peace or liberty in this land.

well said inalienable rights, well said