• Devastated Parents of Children Medically Kidnapped in Virginia Fight Back

A nightmare story that has become all too familiar to those of us at Health Impact News, parents in Virginia reached out to us to expose a corrupt system that has ravaged families all across America, and is completely out of control. Trying to find solutions to medical problems for their family, these parents did what families all across the United States do every day: they took their children to see medical doctors. Not finding solutions to their family illness, these parents pressed on to find answers. The result was that they were allegedly accused of having a mental disorder, Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy, and even denied medical care. Worse, their children were terrorized and kidnapped out of the hospital by force. “My daughter ran screaming and crying to an old folks’ home next to the hospital, locked herself in the bathroom, and called me. When I got there from our house down the street from hospital, my son was inside of a van with no handles on the inside and my daughter was in the bathroom surrounded by six to eight police. One cop from Shenandoah County looked at my fourteen year old son and saw tears in his eyes and asked in a mean way, 'What is wrong with you, why are you crying?!?' It was awful." Lane and Susan have their children back now, but they want the world to know their story. They feel their children have been scarred for life: "My daughter is now back with me and is no longer a child, she left me believing in fairies and Santa and came back waking screaming every night, scared to death of being taken." This family has lost their home, their jobs, and their health, but they are not done. They are fighting back, and currently have a pending lawsuit in federal court. Here is their story.

Read full story...

OMG. Prayers to you and the children. I TOO am dealing with the same CPS worker. But instead of taking my grandsons out of a situation, he is allowing them to remain in their father's home, instead of removing them and placing them 100% with their mother. Mr. Toby Austin, the same CPS worker, closed the case, stating that even though he had many "pink flags" in the file for the father's house, he was closing the case. Heaven help us all in dealing with this CPS worker.

Sadly so many doctors are ignorant about c diff !! i had it after the birth of my daughter and had to demand to be tested and see 3 different doctors. One thing I learned is make them print out all test results and keep hard copies !! These children could have died with untreated c diff it is very dangerous and contagious this is a disgrace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CPS is worthless and dangerous !!!!!!!!!

Sadly, this is not the first, second, third or even fourth time I have heard of such horror occurring by hands of those who are to protect the health and safety of children. Its the same story over and over again with just slight twists in the plot. What happens is, when CPS and physicians err early on in a matter -- rather than admit error and try to mitigate the damage; they circle the wagons to try to cover it up and to silence/destroy the victims. Its a really sick game to avoid liability for error. God only knows how many times they get away with it, when the families are not as educated, articulate and stable as this harassed family was.

If they really cared, all they needed to do was talk to the children and see how they are and how they act. That tells a lot. You can tell if a child is hiding something. This is horrific for this family and I hope they proceed and win from those that abused them. This cannot and should not happen in this country. I am so sorry what happened to you.

I have never read anything so incredibly buzz are in my 60 years of life. This is shameful and very sad. I pray that this family isn't destroyed and can overcome these obstacles that gave been unjustly thrown at them. It's just plain wrong

I have lived in Clarke county all my life and it does not surprise me about social services in Clarke county. They are worthless.

Good comments Kayla. I would add that most of the work that needs to be done in investigating real abuse is a job that only law enforcement is trained to do, not social workers. And in the case where real abuse is committed, the adults (parents) are the ones who should be removed from the situation and incarcerated, not the children. If both parents/caregivers need to be removed, then the children should go to other family members. CPS needs to be abolished. The system is no longer able to be reformed. Children MUST be kidnapped to support the jobs of tens of thousands of socials workers and family/juvenile court employees. The whole system needs to go. Start balancing the federal budget by abolishing ALL funding for CPS and foster care.

CPS workers do deal with some really horrible situations where children are being abused, and I think a lot of CPS workers get traumatized on the job. Then, impaired by PTSD, they do exactly what untreated PTSD folks do -- they get "triggered" and misperceive situations as being abusive, threatening, etc. and then react inappropriately to "save" children...even when the parents are perfectly loving, sane, and responsible, and the kids are well cared for. Heaven help you if CPS is "on your case" and some aspect of the situation triggers the social worker's PTSD -- it could be something as insignificant as the color of your front door matching the door color at a house where the social worker encountered horrendous child abuse three years ago. In my opinion, all CPS workers should be debriefed and assessed for trauma REGULARLY, and taken off case work until any trauma is resolved by appropriate therapy. Also, no CPS worker should be allowed to take psychiatric drugs (which often cause destructive personality changes) and continue working. Another factor is that many CPS workers are psychologically caught up in a "drama triangle" where they see people as either persecutors, victims, or rescuers. Their intention is to be the rescuers of children victimized by abusive, persecuting parents. However, within this psychological "system", people often change roles and CPS workers frequently become the persecutors of parents. In my opinion, it's dangerous to hire people to be CPS caseworkers who are psychologically "set up" for a drama triangle; anyone who goes into this field with the heartfelt intention of "rescuing" children from dreadful parents is almost certainly psychologically unfit for the job.

It has been my fond hope for many years that a class action lawsuit could be brought against Arlington County CPS for all of the loving families they have broken apart. My daughter is ten years old now and I have not been allowed to see her since she was two.

this is what happens in a commonwealth state, you get no help legally or otherwise unless you're a felon or on welfare..pretty sad if you ask me...God is on your side Lane and Susan and he will overcome this for you... God Bless

My family and I, too, experienced a situation with a group home, Wytheville DSS, Wythe County Juvenile Court System, "Guardian Ad Litem" Terri Bowles. These people are NOT protecting our children! I can assure you all of that! I pray that this family is able to pursue any and all lawsuits and charges against these people. I pray it will end the very vicious cycle of these people. They are not advocates for out children!

Sounds like there is more than one story out there which is as scarey as this one.. "The Darker Side Of Justice" written by Gerald Price

Not surprised but I do thank you for doing this story so many parents like me go un-heard and nobody cares. I have been begging for over 15 years to get the names of the two people who are responsible for the death of my son. However all I get are death threats, bullet holes in my car etc. because as they put I won't shut up.

This story gives me a lump in my throat that makes it difficult to swallow, today in Fascist America there must be some type of test given to people applying for government jobs so they can recruit these Lowbrows that work in these agencies, sickening too is the fact that we are forced to pay their salaries and for nice retirements, while anymore the private sector cant compete with this, government employees is the new middle class. There is one thing good about the coming implosion these Lowbrows will suffer too, and I hope they can see themselves for what they are, without them this story wouldn't have happened.

How can I help? I live in northern va and haver personally experienced the incompetency of inova hospital system, Dbdhs and in our case adult protective services. How can I help this family?

You are spot on Admin. The 8th amendment guarantees us a trial by jury. All those involved in circumventing a trial by jury are criminals and need to be prosecuted whether they be cops, judges, or CPS workers.

Juvenile court plays by their own set of rules. They wouldn't recognize my Federally issued Power of Attorney while my husband was deployed overseas. This left him without ANY legal representation and the court (using a loophole) violated federal law and removed custody from my husband. Juvenile courts are SUPPOSED to be in place to protect the children but are afforded way too much power.

I worked in a medical care environment. C Diff (clostridium difficile toxin) is well known. The scent is unforgettable. It is also HIGHLY contagious. Children with C Diff should be treated with extra precautions.

i met a forigner that claimed she knew how to lie and coroperate with corrupt cps workers aka department staff she said alot of people lie about the kids health in foster homes claiming they need meds for the kids ect . the reason they do this is because they get more money if you convince docter they need meds they dont care the kid is normal they just want a bigger monthly foster check or adoptive check ..i said you cant do that what if meds have serious effects on a normal kid or he grows up thinkin he needs that meds she said oh i dont really give it to him all the time ...i said what if you died and they transfer him to anougher foster home the foster parents will think he needs it...she said oh nothing like that will happen besides cps says no one cares what happens to these kids they lucky to have us and docters cps judges get rich bonuses off therapy scams like this foster parents to endangering the childs life and destroying their health and child hood .

Wow, I went to school with Justus! No one deserves that, no matter what age!