• Can Snopes be Trusted on Health Issues?

In the past we have had quite a few people comment on various Facebook pages that certain stories we wrote were "proven false" by Snopes.com, forcing us to take a closer look at just who Snopes.com is, and what exactly they are supposedly finding "false" regarding our articles. Who is Snopes.com, and can you trust them for health information?

Read full story...

snopes-is-a-liar said:

I found this after finding a very clearly TRUE thing which was readily available via public information and ISN'T EVEN DISPUTED. Which is, that aborted fetus cells are used in pepsi and other companies as flavoring. This is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE and is NOT EVEN DISPUTED. It is TRUE. However, Snopes called it "false" and posted a whole bunch of nonsense, I callled their bluff. "In a decision delivered February 28, the Security and Exchange Commission ruled that PepsiCo’s use of aborted fetal remains in their research and development agreement with Senomyx to produce flavor enhancers falls under “ordinary business operations.” In other words, yes aborted fetus cells are used. This isn't even questioned. What IS questioned is if this is ETHICAL. However, "snopes" says that this is a hoax? Yeah, right.

The food industry is poisoning us anyway and the government is okay with that. Stay away from Pepsi and Frito-Lay products.

Thirty years ago, I was living in Tempe near Arizona State University where aspartame (NutraSweet) research studies were being conducted. At that time, a detailed story was published in the Phoenix New Times about the findings of the ASU aspartame research project. As I read about the many health problems associated with the product, I decided immediately to NEVER ingest it. The company that funded the ASU aspartame research did NOT like the negative ASU research results, withdrew their research dollars from ASU, and brought the aspartame research study to different lab who would fabricate favorable research data and the rest is history. Here is what Snopes.com has to say about aspartame: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp I would NEVER trust Snopes.com with any health subjects.

I just went to their website and there is literally an advertisement for the flu shot from the CDC.... hmm wonder who they work for?

I found this after finding a very clearly TRUE thing which was readily available via public information and ISN'T EVEN DISPUTED. Which is, that aborted fetus cells are used in pepsi and other companies as flavoring. This is PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE and is NOT EVEN DISPUTED. It is TRUE. However, Snopes called it "false" and posted a whole bunch of nonsense, I callled their bluff. "In a decision delivered February 28, the Security and Exchange Commission ruled that PepsiCo’s use of aborted fetal remains in their research and development agreement with Senomyx to produce flavor enhancers falls under “ordinary business operations.” In other words, yes aborted fetus cells are used. This isn't even questioned. What IS questioned is if this is ETHICAL. However, "snopes" says that this is a hoax? Yeah, right.

TOTALLY ABSOLUTELY NOT ! who supports FUNDS their existance? Pharma I'm sure ! I don't even need to check it out! Like · Reply · 2 mins snopes.com The definitive Internet reference source for urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation SNOPES.COM