• Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS): Major Causes are Known but Ignored

The problem arises in understanding SIDS because the way SIDS is studied is totally wrong! The major components that should be looked into—namely nutrition and a child’s immediate environment (environmental toxins), are totally ignored while all kinds of money and effort is spent on factors that have little to do with solving the problem! When the issue of nutrition IS raised, it is summarily rejected without investigation! Thus factors that could lessen the nutritional health of a child are not considered worthy of investigation. In other words, they’re ignored. SIDS or ‘Sudden Infant Death Syndrome’ is the leading cause of death in the first six months and is rare after a year of age. Yet, it is important to recognize that SIDS is not necessarily ‘sudden’ in so far as happening without any underlying cause. There are consistent underlying variables if one knows how to look for them! This article should totally dispel the myth that "we don’t know what causes SIDS."

Read full story...

sorry I said if its a boy... I forgot to add to the onslaught ... the very unnecessary ... CIRCUMCISION.... Its just a slow torturous kill is what we are doing to babies...

I totally agree... EWG states through studies that babies are born with up to 287 industrial toxic chemicals... if its a boy ... here's the scenario at birth or soon after birth within the first six months of life... already born with chemicals from its mother,... if born in a hospital the baby has received a series of medications via the mother... probably from an induced labor and if all fails such as forceps or vacuum birth then its born C-section...it is then breastfed with milk full toxins mother has not cleaned up her food intake...then comes the first series of shots the vitamin K shot (read Mercola, "the Dark side of the Vitamin K shot", then the first of the Hepatitis B shots for a sexually transmitted disease, ... then if Mom can't no longer breast feed here comes the formula based on cow's milk full of hormones and antibiotics or soy milk an endocrine disruptor... then by the time the baby reaches 6 months if it is still alive it will have received up to 18 vaccines... REALLY and doctors don't find anything questionable here? OMG its a wonder more babies are not dying... Anna Doula, childbirth educator, health coach

My only child would have been a SIDS statistic except he was so violently ill with convulsions, arching back, screaming, vomiting, gastric and body jerking that we couldn't leave him for a minute - whilst doing that we noticed he was 'stopping breathing' so we walked the floor with him day and night.......the rest is history - he most certainly would have died if we had not seen for ourselves. He would have been SIDS and they would have denied it like they always do, every doctor we say about his health and severe behavioural problems said about the vaccinations ' no it wouldn't have been that' - all mainstream medicine is brainwashed / hypnotised almost in their cult like belief that vaccinations are safe and effective, they are not.

Very interesting article. Nutrition and environmental factors are two of the biggest factors in cot death that should be looked into further. In New Zealand Graeme Platt who got M.E (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis a very debilitating auto immune disorder) decided to look into the causes. It was interesting findings that the clusters of ME sufferers were similar in the same areas to cot deaths. It was found nutrition and essential minerals were a factor and the environment chemicals toxins plastics etc caused issues. There are links to cot death to babies that wear disposable nappies. Graeme Platt designed a supplement called Biospectrum 26 which contained 26 essential minerals in a base of sea water. Definitely been an assist with my M.E. It is also of note many years ago when land was cleared in New Zealand many animals got very sick and died (called Bush Sickness). Caused by a lack of cobalt. Vaccines are also a concern they cause many health issues.

If stress is considered as one of the reasons or a contributing factor to SIDS... then Society should reconsider the "unnecessary" practice of circumcision... As more infant boys die from SIDS than girls. SIDS is a syndrome meaning that it is not caused just by one "thing"... it is a combination of several factors combining in such a way that the susceptible infant suddenly succumbs. Beginning with the gestational period before birth, the method of the birth itself, Toxins in the environment, vaccinations, circumcision and nutrition... all coming together and "infecting" the "right" infant at a culminating moment with a deadly outcome.

I can appreciate the effort to try and blame SIDS 100% on vaccines, but the evidence presented in this article is solid. "Malnutrition" in a broad sense is not the issue being addressed here, so you have put forward a bit of a straw man criticism. The nutrient issue being addressed is related to toxicity, and I think it would be foolish to rule out all possible environmental toxins outside of vaccines. With the millions of vaccines being administered to babies who are not dying suddenly, co-factors should be explored and the public should be warned. This article is an asset in that regards.

I disagree strongly with the notion that malnutrition alone will cause anything resembling SIDS. If a child dies from malnutrition, the death will be long and suffering - anything but sudden. Nor will a mattress alone do the deed - a healthy child, breathing normally, will not succumb, certainly not in one night; symptoms of some kind will surely have displayed over a period of time, even though it might be as short as a week or two. In the great majority of SIDS cases there will be a respiratory failure, the onus for which falls on vaccinations.

Re Sprott: "As I have said to Dr Sprott himself, I have had to deal with parents whose babies died after vaccines, after sleeping on covered mattresses. The death certificate said SIDS. But he says these babies are not SIDS. They are as a result of vaccines. So the garbage goes both ways. But I do know this. I have never seen a SIDS death in a healthy breastfed baby, unvaccinated, who has slept on anything from here to Timbuctoo. Over the 19 years in IAS, we have never seen one. I have never seen a SIDS death in a healthy breastfed baby, unvaccinated, who has slept on anything from here to Timbuktu. Over the 19 years in IAS, we have never seen one."--Hilary Butler