• CPS & Police Taser, Handcuff Parents: Enter Home of Homeschool Family without Warrant

The Fourth Amendment strikes a carefully crafted balance between a family’s right to privacy and the government’s need to enforce the law. In most situations, government agents cannot simply force their way into a home. Instead, they must explain to a neutral magistrate why they need to enter the home, and they must provide real evidence to support that need. This rule applies to all government agents. Court after court has agreed that there is no social services exception to the Fourth Amendment. All too often, law enforcement officers and child-welfare workers act as if the Fourth Amendment does not apply to CPS investigations. They are wrong.

Read full story...

• CPS & Police Taser, Handcuff Parents: Enter Home of Homeschool Family without Warrant

I course all cps agents and pray the ground trips them, I pray their water turns to poison that there car fails them and that every electrical divice burns! I pray fire falls from the heaven's on there heads burning and stinging them all! and when they scream it will be at 'god cursing him. Because they are truly are all evil for taking my two boys.

Last week I met a now 20 yr old young homeless man, who aged out of the foster system he had been in since age 8, in WA state. He is without a high school diploma. He was labeled with all the alphabet diagnosis of learning disabilities. No ID, no home address so he can't get a library card to use the gov paid for computers in the public libraries for job searches, etc. Road blocks everywhere if no ID. I was a homeschooler. My student has graduated college, on to grad school. It always seems to appear that fed tax dollars to states and school dist rarely have positive outcomes for children controlled in the state foster system.

Disc Golfer: Thank you for sharing your experience and advice. I do have confidence you will overcome the damage done to you. You gave important insight I hope others take heed of. We can make a difference if we set aside any differences and work together. Keep in mind, if you are angry at others who harmed you, even dead, they control and constrain you. Let go of the past, embrace your hopes and dreams. I face my own issues resulted in a severly broken society, made a lot of progress, but still much more to go. I learned to have a peaceful heart. If I did not know Jesus Christ at age 9, I would probably have been dead before I turned 18. I am learning theses days answers to my childhood, why I have the problems I deal with today, and though understandably upset, I stay calm and focused. I look at my newborn son, and will bless him with my hardship lessons, my parents' hardship lessons, and lessons from previous generations, and will thus turn the curse into a blessing. By the way, I was blessed with two amazing parents. They started the healing path I choose to honor them by continuing where they left off. My mom's suffering and death will not be in vain, my dad's wisdom I will not ignore. Bless, never curse. Forgive so you can live free.

please give me links where I can read more about this case Thank you.

I agree. I have been a conspiracy theorist all along although now i no longer claim it as a theory. You know those who have eyes that can see and ears that can hear are unnerved now. I wonder how many germans fled Germany before the Holocaust when they could see and hear what Hitler was up to?

Michelle, God bless you for wanting to do this! I did it for 30 years. I am 70 years old and retired but CPS has been the same all along. There a good workers and bad workers and this was a bad worker that made the referral. Don't be her!

This story illustrates how severely dysfunctional is our society! But there is something else going on that is hard to see; perhaps what is being done is to worsen the state of mind of its citizens! After all, abused children become MORE part of the system, than those raised with tender, loving care. Also, think about recent studies, (such as this one from Sept., 2014 from Science, Psychiatry and Community);[http://www.madinamerica.com/2014/09/suicides-rise-increasing-psychiatric-involvement/ ] in which GREATER PSYCHIATRIC INTERVENTION is associated with much WORSE outcomes in those so treated! This was also proven in Robert Whitiker's outstanding (and shocking), book, "The Anatomy of an Epidemic" in which he outlines that psychiatric illnesses are not on a rapid rises in spite of psychiatric interventions, but BECAUSE of them! I was a foster child myself, for 16 years, and I can say that I was abused often in many ways AND the system didn't care. In fact, they often interviewed me in front of my foster parents asking questions like, "How do you like it here?" and those sorts of things. (I could always tell that the social worker was visiting as i returned from school, by the saccharine-sweet voice of my foster mother, Mary: "Tom, How was school? The Social Worker is here to see you." And I knew, there was a visitor as such kindness was never there on other days!) And for fourteen of those years, I was too fearful to tell my "real" mother/father" (never mind the brain-dead social workers), how I was treated. The "real" father would usually be too drunk to care anyway, but that's a different story. Thankfully, all the foster parents are now dead and one abuser did pay me a small token for his sexual abuse..26 years later! Thankfully in this instance, he also died shortly thereafter from lung disease! I am fine...although it screwed up relationships with women all along,...no prom appearance/date, no girlfriends in college (until senior year), etc. Still, being a runner since 13 kept me reasonably sane, but I wish all abusers--physical, mental, emotional abusers be punished, but this is a pipe-dream. Just the same, it's ALL reprehensible and unacceptable and I wish children did NOT have to go through what so many--in New York, Texas, and all over this country, have gone through and continue to go through. DAMN, if my "real" father just didn't drink I could be a classical pianist now (like my "real" mother) and if my foster parents had a heart, they would have let me practice my musical interests... Now, I'm being arrogant: Why can't they BAN from being foster parents, provincial, stupid, ignorant people who can't tell a door bell from Mozart or Beethoven?) Oh, and I forgot, why would they allow a gay man to be a foster parent? In conclusion, here's a question: Why do we, as a society NEED social workers and "foster care"! I already noted that my dad being an alcoholic precluded my mom from being able to take care of her children...that's the basic fact of why I was put in foster care. Mom couldn't care for her two children at the time, me (2), and my older brother (5). By the way, he was the brightest math student in the U.S.A. in 1974, but our foster parents didn't like us studying so much (and making their own "real" children look so dumb!), and her mistreatment of us precluded us (both intelligent), from being all we could be, but this is a problem in all homes--foster homes or not. We can NOT just blame the foster care system--as screwed up as it is, we must think WHY are the children there in the first place? Is mom or dad in jail/prison, perhaps for non-violent crimes? Are they alcoholics or drug addicts? Is there a low-income situation that makes frequent evictions/moves necessary? MANY reasons exist that shed light on the fact that our SYSTEM is screwed up! The very fact that we HAVE a "foster care system" speaks volumes as to how messed up is our country. Damn, we "need" "foster care" We "need" social workers--those underpaid workers who have to "fix" (w/a proverbial band-aid), a situation which they didn't cause and in which so many are under-equipped to help. It's messed up all around, but as is so typical of our society, very few people want to look at WHY such and such is happening. Am I angry? Of course I am! Our society has so much contempt for helping children--in foster care or not--be all they can be. And then, when abuse occurs, they want to victimize the children, so that when they DO act out, when they DO under perform, when they commit some minor crime, it's like we can say, "they were bad kids all along," somehow justifying the abuse or neglect. I hope these 15,000 children in Texas win their lawsuit!

HSLDA needs to see to it that these officers bond is revoked. These officers have violated their oath of office and should not be allowed to serve any longer as such.

First let me verify I AM NOT a CPS worker, nor will I ever be sucked into that toxic system. As for 'making them obey the law'-every state is different in what credentials/qualifications you must hold as a CPS worker. It's been my experience in this state (Florida), that it is not even required for a CPS worker to have a Masters degree! That in itself is a travesty. Not that a higher education protects you from being pulled into the toxic systems placed in our country but I would hope it would hold you to a higher level of ethics. Secondly, it is unfair and generalized to place all SW's in the same category-just like what is happening with LEO's at this time. I have to say I do feel very much alone in this field. My colleugues agree with me on injustices happening off record but to stand up and use their voices to fight these systems, they are cowardly. It is the duty of all of us, as citizens of this god-forsaken country-to unite and stand up TOGETHER when things are happening that should not be. Slow down, stay connected with one another, be compassionate and kind, and ALWAYS use your voice to elicit positive change. It's disheartening to hear you have never met an honest SW. I'm only 1 person trying to help make a difference in this world but I stand beside my brothers and sisters in this walk and do what I can to advocate for those who need it. If I had been assigned to that case that **** would have never gone down like that I assure you!!! Calling the police because they won't let you in on a follow-up visit?! That is their RIGHT!!!!

I am not generally a conspiracy theory believer, but the attitudes that are beginning to be demonstrated by police AND the social worker side are getting to me - all rights seem to be gradually eroding away and 'big brother' is beginning to get ever more apparent - when I read what high level bankers, corporate executives and 'top dogs' of every description seem to be now doing, I am really thinking maybe the talk of the 'global takeover' is not just fear-mongering, but something is really going on that is scary, and all us little guys are going to find ourselves increasingly out of rights. There are accusations of plots to cut the population and control of the whole world economy by the 0.1%. Seems to me it is high time the general population started voting at 99% rate ! I feel very scared of where this is all going - rights are eroding daily and it is NOT control from the left that is the threat - it is the corporate. moneyed class that are civilization's real enemy !

What happened to these parents in front of their children, is appalling, it is absolutely obscene. How can the authorities consider that this is the right thing to do? What is their thinking? I am absolutely stunned, mortified that this can happen to a family who obviously love and cherish their children and want the best for them. The world has gone mad, where will it end?

It is too bad that you, a social worker can not insist your co workers obey the law. 90% of CPS violate the law in one way or another. If the agency doesn't corrupt you soon, then they will make sure you want to leave. maybe just maybe you are the 10% with a decent backbone. I haven't met many social workers that were honest. I have investigated CPS and found that their house was messier than the one they accused of.

My sisters, brother and myself were products of Social Services beginning in 1963. We were placed in an orphanage. While there we lost an older brother in a car accident, mother was murdered, both grandfather's passed away. We never received counseling or any help through these tragic times. We were to go on as if it never happened as we silently grieved inside. Now they jump on ban wagon for the most trivial things. It's government control. So sad for this family. I know from experience the children will suffer? God can heal the wounded and he will. I also know thus from experience. God Bless Everyone.

I've said this before and I support police but our officers need better training and education. This was so wrong, it disgusts me.

As a Social Worker just embarking on this field I am utterly appalled by this story. When our rights as parents and citizens of this country have been denied by such atrocities it is apparent we no longer live in a democratic country. May Justice be served for this family and people continue to use their voices to advocate against these injustices

In junior high (1966) a school social worker told me I was mentally ill. Her basis? My socks were mismatched---one black, the other dark brown. In 1994 a social worker, without even speaking to me (she refused) said I was "dangerous." Her criteria? I was not wearing a suit and tie. Meantime, her younger brother with whom I was acquainted, was a member of the working poor---I was helping him with groceries and fuel---and was SHE doing anything for him? Yes! She also said he was mentally "ill." It turns out that if a social worker (witch pricker) does not like you---it signifies that you have a mental "illness."

I have to ask. Why are so many governments so heavy handed when they deal with people who home school THEIR OWN children? Why are people who seek out additional medical opinion when their children need medical care accused of doctor shopping? I cannot conceive of any such agendas that are motivated by good will.

Thank you for covering this story of how our rights are being violated without due process and rule of law.

On September 5, 2013 160 German police and social workers raided the homes of a home-schooling religious community and took 41 children into custody. Read the full story here: http://news.twelvetribes.org/