• "Dirty" Electricity is a National Problem Affecting Everyone's Health in the United States

Electricity is a part of all of our lives today, and we seldom give much thought to it unless it is not there when we expect it to be. Unfortunately, modern electricity, which has made our lives so much easier in so many ways, is also a well-documented health hazard. Very few people today fully understand this very real danger outside and inside all of our homes that affects our health. From "stray voltage" to "dirty electricity," your health is affected one way or another by electricity every day. Understanding how it harms your health is the first step to minimizing its harmful effects, and perhaps even overcoming health challenges you have not been able to figure out yet. High frequency voltage transients in our electrical wiring have been linked to many modern diseases and health conditions: Attention Deficit Disorder, asthma, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, miscarriages, infertility, depression, suicide, and cancer have been shown to increase with long-term exposure to high frequency voltage transients.

Read full story...

• "Dirty" Electricity is a National Problem Affecting Everyone's Health in the United States

I am an Industrial Electrician at a paper mill in Washington State. I am what is called a Shift Electrician. I work 2 12 hour day shifts and 2 12 hour night shifts every week with 4 days off in between shifts. We work with Variable Frequency Drives, Programmable Logic Control or PLC's (basically computer control) as well as fluorescent lighting, 2300 VAC switchgear and motors. 480 VAC motors etc. I am 62 years old and have worked at this plant for 30 years. A couple of years ago I began experiencing numbness on my left side. It started as facial numbness or tingling and spread down my left side, including my arm & leg. My left eye socket felt really numb as well as my lips. I sometimes would lose my balance, be disorientated, have severe leg cramps that are excruciating. An ambulance was called one day at work as my fellow workers thought I was having a stroke or TIA. Tests revealed that I didn't have a stroke. I had an MRI and the results showed white spots on top of my brain. There are approx. 8 - 10 of them and it was at that point my doctor thought I had MS. I was referred to a Neurologist and after much testing, MRI's. CT Scans, Spinal Taps, he could not give me a positive diagnosis for MS. A fellow Shift Electrician a little older than me had exactly the same symptoms and was positively diagnosed with MS. A retired Shift Electrician (about 75 yrs. old now) had a brain tumor that was removed causing equilibrium problems and he had to quit being a shift Electrician. Another retired Shift Electrician about the same age had the same numbness and was diagnosed with Bells' Palsy. Still another Shift Electrician has the facial numbness and severe cramps on the inside of his thighs but has not been to a doctor about it. He is 62 yrs. old. One more current Shift Electrician, 63 years old had a problem with slurred speech and trouble swallowing. He has just been diagnosed with ALS. Six men most in their 60's, a couple in their 70's doing the exact same job, all have neurological issues. Not a coincidence. There is one other shift Electrician here that is 54 yrs. old and has had no symptoms. There are Shift Millwrights, shift production people who all work the same schedule with no symptoms. There are several day shift electricians, all younger guys with no symptoms. Just the Shift Electricians. We have been trying to find out what is causing these health issues and I stumbled upon this website and it all makes sense. Are there any other Electricians out there experiencing these symptoms or is this a common thing? Thank you for your responses. Chuck

I am a welder and often use high frequency to TIG weld aluminum. I discovered this article as I was concerned about health effects. Is there any information out there regarding the effects of electric arc welding?

My husband and I have recently moved to Tasmania, Australia, and have noticed that in many areas, approximately 90% of homes are roofed with colourbond sheets (like galvanised iron). Several homes have walls of the same or similar metal material. I would say after reading this article that it would be very unwise to even rent one of these homes, rather waiting for a brick and tile one to become available. I would appreciate any input you may have. Thank you.

tHANK YOU SO much for your reply. I can't seem to catch lady that lives BELow ME YET, to find out about her ceiling Heat being on. Interesting in this 8 unit condo bldg., that everyones Living and dining room area have the heat/thermostats blocked off and not usuable. BUT the Bedrooms have seperate thermostats, some even hidden behind furniture so often don't even know they may be on. That is why I even turned the Breaker OFF to that. But I will talk to her soon as can see her. Re: someone else that may be also using my meter for their own use..; SCE gave me the Meter # to go find and check to make sure ONLY my meter number showed up...which it did only show my meter number. SO they told me that it would now be impossible for any errors as long as it was my correct only meter #. They Refuse to send anyone out to check anything. Said It was My responsibility to Hire electrician or contractor. Is it possible also, that ceiling heat from a attached condo next to me could influence me, along with someone Below me??? There is 8 units in bldg, but 4 on one side and 4 on seperate side divided by staircase. Also, when on phone with SCE manager, they insisted that when bill goes up, it is my hEAT /AC PUMP THAT IS ON. i WAlk over to that heat pump while on phone and tell them it is OFF.!!! It is OFF but the light is on 24/7, but it isn't on or heating etc. Thats when I just pulled the Plug out of wall and won't ever use that unit. But surely that little light couldn't jack up my bill so high anyway ,when not on heat or a/c. But Now, I just pull plugs on anything I don't use much. BUT I have a hunch, it could be the humming coming from downstairs under me. Anxious to find out.

Paul; The noise you hear from transmission lines is dirty electricity. It is the transients in the current which are radiated at a wide range of frequencies. This type of radiation will not produce enough heat to cook anything. BUT our cellular system is very sensitive to these signals. Since the signals are trash - meaningless - the nervous system is thrown into confusion. You are being signalled to death. Transients at this strength inhibit the immune system and this allows disease to take hold. It also causes headache, CFS, sleeplessness and a large range of other disturbances. You are the electrical signals in your body. That's what life is. Any trash signals cause havoc in yourself. James of ElectroHealth

Journe; It sounds like some else's heating is running off your breaker box. You should get an electrician to trace out the circuits ( in winter) to find out where the current is going. Also if your units have ceiling heating, the unit below you has it ON. The magnetic field is coming through your floor. Magnetic fields can cause a hum when they find a harmonic with a physical structure. James of ElectroHealth

I live in Senior Condo Community. Live alone. ALL ELECTRIC HERE, INCLUDING HEAT CEILINGS. i HAVE CEILING HEAT blocked off. Have a wall Heat/AC unit in wall of L.R. only in 2 bdrm apt., so I unplugged it as useless. Use floor fans only. NO heat. I do electric cooking dinner most daily. My Bills can run from $58.00 to $140.00 month and I don't know why. $58.00 not unreasonable. BUT EVERY DEC. BILL IS ALWAYS $325.00 APPROX., no reason!!! BECAUSE of tight budget, I do not put up a tree, nor decorate my balcony. I do not use anymore electricity in Dec. than any other month! SCE (so.Calif.) is of NO HELP, MULTIPLE PHONE CALLS,, LETTERS. tHEY just say its digital and can't make mistakes, so PAY UP! which I do. Strange thing is, I live in CONDO THAT HAS 8 UNITS,, AND NOONE ELSE GETS THIS HIGH BILL EVER. aVG. in bldg. is $40.00 to $70.00. I don't know why mine seems to be higher when it gets over $100..for no apparent reason. ALSO,, I HEAR A CONSTANT HUMMING SOUND, USUALLY LOUDER IN EVENING AND NIGHT. I CAN EVEN FEEL IT IN MY FEET. MY CAT HEARS IT AND SHE PARKS NEXT TO WHATEVER WALL IT SEEMS TO BE LOUDEST AND WON'T MOVE. i HAD OUR SECURITY UP HERE, AND they felt nothing when it was really humming/buzzing and was kinda scary to me as don't know what it is.Was a real electrician up here once, sent assoc.for another reason and I talked to him about it. HE was totally 'I DON'T HAVE A CLUE" electrician. WHAT DO I DO? i just read this article, giving me some clues that maybe I not so nuts! :-) , so will read more. I Can't afford contractors and private electricians, anything else I can do? The Calif. CPUC IS useless!!!!! THANK YOU ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Susan, You mentioned "it always stops".......What, the buzzing sound? If the buzzing sound is intermittent as you seem to suggest, you should record the time of day or weather conditions you most often hear the noise. Transformers are just big sealed cans filled with oil into which a lot of copper wire coils have been immersed. When seal(s) on a transformer become old, the sealing capability to protect the inside of a transformer from moisture penetration in wet weather can be compromised. The power company's line mechanics do their best to listen for these conditions when they do routine maintenance , but if the condition is intermittent then it can be easy to miss.

Thank you. I have told them before but it always stops and they don't investigate. I'll keep on till they do.

That buzzing from transformer is most likely the sound of micro-arcing inside the transformer. Arcing at any level results in microwave frequencies being transmitted. You should verify this by getting as close to the transformer as you can with an AM radio turned on as loud as you can crank up the volume, if you hear static that is RIV. Next walk away with the radio remaining on. How far away do you walk from the transformer before the static noise ceases? The further you must walk away from the transformer will tell you the strength of the electromagnetic field of the RIV. Any buzzing noise should be reported immediately to your power company.

Ever drive beneath one of those overhead high voltage transmission lines with your AM frequency radio on

We live in a rural area with a cell tower 1/4 mile away. My kitchen is next to the breaker box. I spend most of my time there. The transformer is 15' from our house and buzzes a lot. We have x cell phones. My husband has arrhythmias. Meds do not help.

Wow. What's taken so long for this to be made public. Thanks so much for a truly informative presentation. More!