• Medical Tyranny in Tennessee: Forced Antibiotics on Newborns

The Times Free Press in Chattanooga Tennessee reported last week that the Erlanger Health System was going to start forcing all newborn babies in their health facilities to receive an antibiotic ointment applied to their eyes at birth, whether their parents want it or not. Even if nurses and midwives attending the birth do not approve of the antibiotic ointment, the hospital allegedly stated that they will apply it anyway, using security guards at the patient's bedside if need be.

Read full story...

A few drops of breast milk in the eye typically combat infection

In the eyes of government which uses hammer like force, all citizens that question the system appear to be nails. Power hunger psychopathic control freaks looking to make a fast buck at the expense of the innocent public, seek out positions of government authority for the prestige of victimizing others while reaping self enrichment. All government authority to use force against the public needs to be eliminated ASAP!!! Only in cases of crime perpetrated by thievery, bodily injury, property damage, or reckless endangerment, does the state get it's permission from the governed to enforce laws to protect the individual rights of the victims. Anything outside of that is a violation of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. If the government over steps it's bounds every citizen should have the right to seek a redress of grievances at the expense of the government. Politicians that push these unjust actions should be personally liable for their actions if found guilty. These should include financial restitution, prison sentences, and removal from office for any and all offenses regardless of good intentions. Government must be kept on a very short leash, restrained by several checks

There is a lot wrong about hospitals in the US. I'm from central Europe - if it wasn't so sad, it'd be funny what the "yanks" are doing. In the US giving birth is seen as a sickness one could think. There is absolutely no need for any medication or m.d. being around all the time in case all goes well. People in the US seem to have forgotten that giving birth is something as natural as growing up. Amazing what the fear of being sued combined with the pathological fear of germs is doing to mothers and newborns in the US. No wonder the US ranks below Afghanistan in newborn death statistics... Compared to other industrial nations the US has a very, very poor care system for mothers and newborns. The reason for this is that in the US giving birth is nothing natural anymore, but everything is bombarded with drugs, unneccesary C-sections etc. Pretty sad really.

Check out colloidal silver, one of Mother Nature's more perfect antibiotics.....

My child @ 6 and 1/2 has chronic styes and has recently had a severe eyelid infection. My theory, which I have doctors concurring with my hypothesis as to why may daughter is very susceptible to eyelid infections / styes, is that most people have a protective barrier from bacteria / virus ... around the hair follicle inside the eyelid. My hypothesis is that in my daughter's case this protective barrier has been compromised, where any number of crud from the outside, vectors in from the eyelash and infects my child's eyelid. This is serious because if not treated (in the case of a full blown infection) the eyelid infection could spread to the back of the eye socket. A severe eyelid infection has only happened once to my daughter but in that case I was 'forced' to give my daughter an oral antibiotic. I don't want to have to give my daughter anymore antibiotics forever, if possible so, I have to keep up with over the top hygiene on her eyelids. In conclusion, it is entirely possible that when we listened to the 'doctor' and, put that antibiotics in my daughters eyes when she was a new born, that the protective barrier we all have, where our eyelashes in her case, was not yet developed and the ointment broke down that barrier of protection before it was fully developed. No, I don't know for sure but it's very plausible the ointment my have been the culprit in my daughters case. A 'real' study should be conducted to see if styes and eyelid infections have increased since this ointment treatment was introduced.

Silver tinticure was fine, and natural. Antibiotics are not, and have the potential for an allergic reaction. Newborns are better having mothers milk for their immunity rather than something dropped in their eyes.

They use to use silver with no side effects.

Dose anyone remember Hexachlorophene? Same reasoning.

Yet one more reason among many others to opt for a home birth! It is also vitally important to state in one's birth plan that the hepatitis B vaccine given to new babies is not wanted and that the cord is not to be clamped or cut until the placenta has been delivered. www.vaclib.org/exemptions.htm Also check out this article: Commonly asked questions about childbirth answered http://www.vaccinationinformationnetwork.com/commonly-asked-questions-about-childbirth-answered/

I had 5 children back in the 1980's and this was the acceptable treatment for newborns in New Jersey, not saying it was right, but back then assumed that 'doctors knew best', have since wised up!

For heaven's sake, why not test the mother for sexually transmitted diseases in the 7th month or something and educate her partner about the importance of not having any other partners before the birth, testing him/her as well?

Childbirth is not a "problem" that requires medical intervention in most instances. I would suggest families and communities support women so they can confidently stop asking for medical intervention that is unnecessary (birthing in a hospital) and provides an opportunity for a host of interventions which may or may not be economically driven. Also hospitals are FILTHY (98% of US hospital staff are colonized with MRSA in their nares) and expose both mother and babe to a host of resistant organisms. That said however, parents should be free to refuse an intervention if they feel it is unwise for their child or themselves to suggest otherwise is a breech of professional (and hopefully personal) ethics.